- In music class, students in K-2nd grade learn to be tuneful, beatful (able to keep a beat), and artful! We sing folk songs from many different countries, move our bodies to classical music and learn to sing and play classroom instruments in an artful and creative way.
- Students in 3rd-8th grade learn music literacy through Conversational Solfege, work on part singing skills with rounds, partner songs and two part choral literature, and learn how to folk dance.
- 4th grade students learn to play the recorder.
- All students work on vocal technique and healthy singing skills and have the opportunity to sing in mass and three concerts each year.
- Students in 4th-8th grade have the opportunity to join an elective choir.
- BM in Vocal Performance
- MM in Vocal Performance
- Post- Baccalaureate License in Music Education (Expected 2019)
First year at St. Charles! Ms. Jenison also teaches at St. Agnes in Arlington, where she has taught for two years.
SCS School Choir