Name: Mrs. Lane
1. I am a Mom and have 2 kids, ages 11 and 7.
2. My favorite place is the beach.
3. I grew up on Cape Cod and lived in the town of Sandwich. My job during High School was scooping ice cream at The Ice Cream Sandwich.
4. My favorite ice cream flavor is coffee (preferably topped with hot fudge & peanut butter cups!)
5. I have one sister and am the proud Godmother to my 2 nephews, ages 9 and 7.
6. I played the position of catcher on my softball team.
7. My least favorite chore in the entire world is raking leaves!
8. I enjoy cooking, and I love reading cookbooks cover to cover.
9. I love Broadway shows and sat in the 1st row to see Kristen Chenoweth perform live in Boston a few years ago.
10. I enjoy all styles of music and in particular have been known to blast the music of Journey, much to the embarrassment of my kids!
Name: Ms. Durham
1. I have two brothers and two sisters, and there is a 14 year age difference between the oldest and youngest.
2. I love to read! Some of my favorite books you would see in my library include: To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, and my childhood favorite, Miss Nelson is Missing! by H. Allard Jr.
3. This is my tenth year as a teacher!
4. Maybe it’s due to my adventurous spirit as a child or being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I’ve broken 5 bones, and accidentally knocked out half of my brother’s front tooth.
5. Once, I tried out for Disney On Ice.
6. As a hobby, I love writing. My favorite stories to share are ghost stories. Once, while chaperoning at Nature’s Classroom, students begged to hear one of my stories. Go figure, it just happened to be about the “history” of the camp where we were bunking. After the screaming ended, students requested we sleep with the lights on that night.
7. I love April Fools Day. At my last school, I was known for my epic (yet school appropriate) pranks. Fair warning!
8. I’m athletic, competitive, and love team sports! Basketball, floor hockey, kickboxing, and figure skating are my favorite activities.
9. When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be a cartoon voice actor.
10. My favorite holiday is Christmas! For as long as I can remember, my mom, sisters, and I get together and bake over a 1,000 cookies, all from scratch and various types to pass out to family, friends, and neighbors.
Name: Ms. Karoub
1. My best friend and I met in Kindergarten and have been close ever since the first day we met.
2. I am half Irish and half Portuguese.
3. I like to fix things or take them apart and put them back together. When I was younger, I took my entire bicycle apart, laid all the pieces in the driveway and put it back together.
4. I love to exercise and would prefer to kickbox and lift weights over running on a treadmill.
5. I am a Bruins fan. My sister worked as a flight attendant for the team and asked me to assist her with a flight one time. I got to serve the team their lunch, but the flight never left the ground due to a winter storm, which was fine with me because I’m afraid to fly!
6. I go to York Beach every summer with my entire family, and it’s my favorite trip.
7. I was the Captain of the cheerleading squad for my high school’s football team.
8. I lived in Florida for 10 months.
9. I grew up in a neighborhood that had 15 kids between three houses. Each family had 5 children each!
10. I gave birth to my daughter, Mia, in a Boston hospital the same day the Red Sox reversed the curse after 86 years and won the World Series in 2004. I could hear people cheering from the streets outside!
Name: Mrs. Connor, M.Ed
1. I grew up in Woburn along with my mother, and grandfather, and I have raised my family here.
2. I have 2 boys and 2 girls and I have been married for 25 years.
3. I was a graphic artist before I became a teacher.
4. I love pets; I have 2 dogs, a cat and a tank full of tropical fish.
5. My favorite thing to do is camp anywhere with my family.
6. I love to read especially historical fiction.
7. My favorite place to be is on the back of my husband’s motorcycle on a warm July afternoon riding through the mountains of New Hampshire.
8. I have an identical twin sister who is also a teacher.
9. My favorite food is a Friendly’s Peanutbutter Cup Sundae, the 5 scooper.
10. And I love my job!
Name: Mrs. Trueira, M.Ed
1. I ran a school in my neighborhood when I was eleven years old.
2. I was an undercover store detective at Jordan Marsh for four years while attending SSC.
3. I love dolphins and swam with one in Mexico.
4. My favorite food is Chinese food.
5. I really enjoy listening to music from the 1950′s.
6. My dream vacation would be ten days in Hawaii.
7. I do not like to shop.
8. My nickname is The Recycle Queen.
9. I have two sons and two grandsons.
10. French Vanilla iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts is my #1 beverage.
Name: Mr. Mackey
1) I grew up in Attleboro Massachusetts, but have lived in Amherst, Worcester, Boston, Keene New Hampshire, and Copenhagen Denmark.
2) I spent 7 months living in Europe on a study abroad program and have travelled all around Europe and Scandinavia.
3) I enjoy hiking and camping and go on multiple trips each year.
4) I am an avid fly fisherman, fisherman, and hunter and just recently started tying my own flies.
5) I am Godfather to 1 niece and 1 nephew.
6) I once rode the Maine coast on a bicycle by myself for over 300 miles.
7) My great uncle and sisters were graduates of St. Charles.
8) I am engaged to be married next summer.
9) I love old maps and antique items related to history and have an old Nautical map in my kitchen.
10) Before education, I worked in Finance and Law.